Generating IT system usage matrices¶
BPMN 2.0 process diagrams and event-driven process chains provide the possibility to attach IT-systems to a Task. In case of BPMN those IT-systems can be tagged as in- or output.
With the functionality “IT-system usage matrices” it is possible to create an assignment matrix that shows which IT systems data is read from during an activity and which system data is written to. It is possible to choose whether the assignments refer to roles or diagrams. It also includes IT systems that were linked as dictionary entries from a custom defined attribute.
This chapter explains how to generate an IT-system usage matrix for a BPMN 2.0 process diagram. However, those steps will work on EPC as well.
- (optional) Select a diagram.
- Click Reporting and choose IT system usage matrix (by diagrams) (XLS) or IT system usage matrix (by roles) (XLS).
- The IT system usage dialog opens.
- If a diagram was selected during step 1, it will be selected in this dialog, too. It is now possible to extend or change the selection.
- Click Start analysis.
- Open the created document e.g. with Microsoft Excel. The IT systems will be highlighted in red.
An example of an IT systems usage report
An example of an IT systems usage report (roles)
Hint: If custom attributes linking to organizational dictionary entries were defined, those will be included in the calculation as well.