Generating process model metrics¶
With process model metrics it is possible to generate statistics for your diagrams. Those statistics contain:
- the diagram type
- the number of elements in the diagram
- the number of connectors in the diagram
- the number of gateways and their type in the diagram
- the number of subprocesses linked from and processed linking to the diagram
- the number of dictionary links (including links in custom attributes)
- the number of process elements that are not assigned to a person, role or organization
- the number of responsibility handovers
- the publishing state
- the date of the last editing
- the path to the diagram
This chapter explains how to generate a process model metric for a BPMN 2.0 process diagram. Those steps will work with EPC as well.
- (optional) select a diagram.
- Click Reporting and Process model metrics (XLS) in the top drop-down menu.
The menu entry for creating process model metrics
- The Process model metrics dialog opens up.
- If a diagram was selected during step 1, it will now be selected by default. It is possible to change or extend that selection here.
Start the analysis.
- Click Start analysis.
- Open the generated document, e.g. with Microsoft Excel ®.
This is what a process model metric looks like.