Exporting simulation results¶
You can export the results of multiple-case simulations as XLS (Microsoft Excel) files. This makes it easy to share the results with colleges and other stakeholders. To export the results, click the Excel Export button below the simulation tiles:
Click the export button to download an XLS file containing detailed information about current (and previous) simulation run.
An Excel (XLS) file will be created and downloaded
If more than one simulation scenario has been executed, the Excel file contains the following eleven tabs with tables and diagrams:
If you are using Microsoft Excel 2010, please make sure to deactivate the Protected View (click Enable Editing) to make sure the spreadsheet is displayed correctly.
- The Overview tab contains general information about the runs:
The ‘Overview’ tab
- The Costs tab provides the reader with minimum, maximum and average costs of the simulation runs and task executions:
Excerpt of the ‘Costs’ spreadsheet
Values that are especially high are highlighted according to the scheme displayed below the calculation table in the sheet:
High values are highlighted according to the legend.
The same scheme applies to the other calculation tables as well.
- The Costs charts tab visualizes the cost relation of the executed tasks:
Costs of each task in relation to total costs
- The cycle time of a process instance measures the time between process start and process completion. The Total cycle time tab shows process instance cycle times and activity execution times:
Excerpt of the “Total cycle time” spreadsheet
- The Total cycle time charts tab is visualizing the data of the Total cycle time tab:
cycle time of each task in relation to total cycle time
- The Resource consumption tab contains information about the time the different Resources (lanes) where occupied with a task and sets their workloads in relation to reach other:
Excerpt of the ‘Resource consumption’ spreadsheet
- The Resource consumption charts tab is visualizing the data of the Resource consumption tab:
Resource consumption of each task in relation to total resource consumption
- The Bottlenecks tab contains information about process bottlenecks (if existent):
The ‘Bottlenecks’ tab
The Bottlenecks charts tab is visualizing the data in the Bottlenecks tab.
- The 10th and 11th tab contain information about the scenario properties:
In case there are problems with displaying the charts in the report, please check if you have opened the report with a program that allows editing Excel diagrams. If this is not the case, we recommend you to open the program with one of the more recent versions of Microsoft Excel.