Updating SharePoint authentication certificate¶
This article is only relevant if you use the SharePoint integration with the software-as-service version of Signavio Process Manager.
As described in detail at Updating your Collaboration Hub certificates to SHA-256 with RSA encryption, we will change the required authentication certificates to SHA-256 with RSA-encrypted certificates on December 15, 2016.
You need to update the certificates in your SharePoint Web Part by then. Otherwise, the Web Part will no longer be able to authenticate against the Signavio SaaS server.
Updating the certificate in SharePoint Online¶
To update the certificate on SharePoint Online, proceed as follows:
- Remove the app as described at Removing or updating the Signavio SharePoint App.
- Reinstall the app as described at Integrating Collaboration Hub with Micrsoft SharePoint Online.
To update the app, you need to download the new App in the Signavio Explorer.
Updating the certificate in SharePoint Server 2013/2016¶
To update the certificate in SharePoint Server 2013/2016, proceed as follows:
- Open the Explorer and click under Setup the Manage Collaboration Hub authentication entry.
- In the Manage Collaboration Hub authentication dialog, click Download certificate.
Make sure you download the new certificate and not the old one you find in the section Management of old certificates.
- Remember or document the password of the new certificate, you will need it later.
- In Microsoft SharePoint, open the Signavio web part configuration.
- Upload the new certificate and insert the new password:
- Click OK to save the new configuration.